Last updated June 1st, 2020
Our registered office and contact details are as follows:
Maple Networks Limited
4 Wharfe Mews
Collection and use of your personal information
We will usually collect basic personal data about you such as your name, job title, the name of the business you work for, the business postal address, the business telephone number and your business email address. Sometimes we will collect other information such as the industry your business operates in or the products, services or subjects that you are interested in.
We may collect personal data from you in different ways:
Directly – This information will be gathered from a direct interaction with you;
- Corresponding with us by post, email, phone, through social media or through the ‘contact us’ on our website or any online tools
- Any requests relating to our products or services
- Creation of an account on our website or any online tools
- A request for more information about the company to be sent to you
- A request for marketing to be sent to you
- Completion of a survey
- Entrance to a competition or promotion
Automatically – Some personal data is collected automatically when you visit our website. This is described in more detail in the Visitors to our website section of this policy.
Through third parties or where the information is publicly available – This information is gathered by us from third parties or a publicly available source, including:
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Networking sites such as LinkedIn
- Buying in data for marketing purposes
We will only use your personal data with your consent, or where:
- We are looking to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under the contract
- We are complying with a legal obligation
- To protect your vital interest
- To pursue one of our legitimate interests
We do not sell any of your personal data.
To be able to provide our services and run our business, we share data with third parties who provide professional services to us such as advertising partners, marketing agencies, web hosting providers and business consultants.
Legitimate interest is one of the lawful reasons we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
When you provide your personal details to us, we use your information for our legitimate business interests but, before doing this, we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- to recover debts due to us;
- to keep our records updated;
- to manage supplier relationships;
- to study how customers use our products/services;
- to develop our products/services;
- to grow our business;
- for running our business, provision of administration and IT services;
- for network security;
- to prevent fraud;
- in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise;
- to inform our marketing strategy;
- to define types of customers for our products and services; and
- to track the number of visitors to the various parts of our websites in order to keep them updated and relevant.
Accuracy and retention of personal information and your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have rights relating to the collection, processing and storing of your personal data. When interacting with us, you have the right to:
- Be informed about certain aspects of our processing of your personal data
- Request access to a copy of your personal data
- Request that any personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete is rectified
- Request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (also known as the right to be forgotten)*
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
*This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
In addition, where the processing is being performed on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before consent was withdrawn.
More information about your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
If you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of GDPR in relation to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioners’ Office.
Maple Networks follows good industry practice when protecting your personal information, in-line with our own security policy. Personal information stored within the website platform is protected in line with the platform's available security measures. In addition, any data provided to Maple Networks via our website or in person is stored within our CRM platform, and is also protected in line with the platform’s security measures. Our policy dictates the type of access that our employees and sub-contractors have to your data. We enforce a strong access policy in-line with industry guidelines. All platform security measures can be obtained upon request.
The internet is not a secure place, computer viruses and malware are very common. As such, you should take appropriate measures to protect yourself when using the internet. Always ensure you keep your device software up to date and have anti-malware software installed. If you are using a device provided by your employer, then it is your employers’ responsibility to ensure your device is safe.
In the event that a data breach is detected or reported, we will create a security incident. Each incident will be triaged, managed and contained in accordance with our incident management policy. If required, the incident will be reported to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). If you suspect your personal information has been accessed or leaked into the public domain without permission, please contact us immediately on email@example.com.
Visitors to our website
Third party tools used on our website:
We use Google services and our CRM platform to provide analytics for our website. This means we share certain information with Google and the CRM provider for the purpose of allowing us to provide analytical information and reports on how our website is used.
Where you are happy for us to do so we may use your personal information to provide you with details of products, services or special offers which we believe may be of interest to you by post, email, text message or over the phone. This is done to support the legitimate interests of our business.
We use a third party CRM platform to help us manage our marketing database and marketing campaigns and so will share your personal information with the provider.
If you do not want to receive any marketing information or adjust your preferences you can, at any time:
- Click the Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences links at the bottom of any marketing email or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inform us over the phone by phoning 0203 8580048
Where you elect not to receive marketing information (whether this is all marketing or only marketing in relation to some areas) we would ask that you note the following:
- Please allow 28 days for the relevant marketing communications to stop completely
- We will continue hold your name, address, phone number and email address on our marketing database but will only process this information as necessary to ensure that we do not market to you directly in the future
- Where you use the Unsubscribe or Manage Preferences links contained at the bottom of a direct marketing email we will stop sending marketing emails to this email address only. If you have any other email addresses registered with us and wish us to stop sending marketing emails to these addresses as well, please ensure that we are provided with the relevant details to enable us to update our records
Where you request not to receive marketing information from us, we will still need to use your personal information to send you service updates if applicable.